The ultimate guide to grow your Gels for GelStorm!
When you read this, you are probably new to the sport and new to GelStorm. Welcome!
This guide is designed to give you a thorough understanding of how to grow and store the range of GelStorm Gels by AUSGEL. Gel balls need to be hydrated (grown) in water before they can be used in your Gel Blaster. It is important to note that all Gels we offer work great with our GelStrom Blasters. Read along and we will provide a lot of insights and tips how to properly take care of your Gels. Have fun reading, and enjoy your GelStorm!
Let's start right away with tome generic tips on what NOT to do with our Gels;
- Store gels in freezer. Contrary to popular belief, this will not make your gels harder. Freezing will make your gels brittle and more prone to breaking when firing your blaster.
- Add dish washing liquid or any other lubricant to the water - this can damage your GelStorm internals.
- Add food colouring or dye to your grow water. You will really annoy other gel ballers if they can't wash the colour out of their clothes.
- Attempt to use hardening agents - this will usually cause your gels to warp. If you want hard gels, use the AUSGEL Ultra Elites.
- Use anything other than gels in your GelStorm.
- Eat the gels. Although they are bio-friendly and non-toxic, they will grow in size when hydrated in liquid!
- Clean water. Demineralised water is best, clean tap water is fine but you should avoid using rainwater. Bottled water is also a great option.
- Something to grow the gels in. This could be a bucket or any kind of tub that can hold at least 3 litres of water. Even a soup pan just works!
- Something to store the gels in. Airtight containers are best from any super market or home ware store.
- A sieve or sifter to drain the water from gels prior to use.
- A timer, whether it be your phone or clock.
- Optional: A food thermometer.
This range of gels is designed for use in all blasters and work great in your GelStorm.
Step 1: Pour at least 2 litres of CLEAN water into your grow container. Water should be at 21 - 23 degrees if possible.
Step 2: Pour 1 packet of Original Gels into the CLEAN water.
Step 3: Allow the gels to grow for at least 3 hours 30 minutes.
Step 4: Remove the gels from water using a sieve. They are now ready for use in your GelStorm.
Step 5: Original gels should be stored submerged in water, for further use for up to 12 months. Remember to change the water weekly!
Ultra Elite gels are designed for improved accuracy with your GelStorm.
Step 1: Pour at least 2 litres of CLEAN water into your grow container then add 1 packet of Ultra Elite Gels (in dry form).
Step 2: Allow the gels to grow as per below:
- 1 hour - for 6mm sized gels
- 3.5 hours for 7.2-7.3mm sized gels (recommended)
Step 4: Remove gels from water. They are now ready for use in your GelStorm.
Step 5: AUSGEL Ultra Elite gels Ultra Elite gels can be stored in an airtight container, or in water.
- When storing in an airtight container, gels will retain strength for up to 2 months – ensure you wet the gels prior to each use.
- If storing in water it is recommended that gels are used within 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, they will retain most of their strength for up to 3 months in water.
- If storing in water it is recommended to change the water weekly to keep clean.